Motherhood brings many changes to your life, but it can be disappointing to live with the unwanted changes that pregnancy and breastfeeding have led to on your breasts and body. Board-certified plastic surgeons Dr. Michael Edwards and Dr. Terrence Higgins have years of specialized experience performing mommy makeover procedures in Las Vegas, helping moms reclaim their confidence.
Your selection of an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon in Las Vegas is the first step toward a mommy makeover. Please request a consultation or call us at (702) 822-2100 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Edwards or Dr. Higgins.
Mommy Makeover Patient Photos
View our mommy makeover photo gallery. You may also browse more before-and-after photos when you arrive at our practice.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
During your consultation, Dr. Edwards or Dr. Higgins will review your medical history, perform a physical exam, and talk with you about the reasons you are interested in cosmetic surgery. In general, you may be a good mommy makeover candidate if you have realistic expectations for your results and have the following characteristics:
- You are in good health.
- You are at or close to your goal weight (within 5 to 10 pounds, depending on your height).
- You are not planning on future pregnancies.
Dr. Edwards or Dr. Higgins will work with you to choose the combination of procedures that will give you the improvements you want, while ensuring the highest level of safety both during surgery and through your recovery.
What Our Patients Are Saying
"I cannot thank you enough for your beautiful work and my newfound confidence."
Benefits of a Mommy Makeover
Aside from the overarching goal of looking more attractive and feeling more confident, mommy makeovers offer additional benefits:
- Improving the breasts and the body with a single surgery
- Requiring a single recovery period
- Reducing exposure to anesthesia
- Minimizing cost (versus having each procedure performed separately)
Which Procedures Should I Choose?
For most women, pregnancy affects the breasts and abdomen -- leaving lax skin, stretch marks, and bulges they didn't have before. Mommy makeovers address these concerns by combining 2 or more of the following procedures:
- Breast augmentation can restore your breasts to their original size if they've lost volume, or give you the fullness and curves you've always wanted. You will be able to choose from silicone and saline implants in a range of sizes and shapes.
- Tummy tuck repairs the midsection, something you can't accomplish through exercise and weight loss. This procedure tightens lax skin, flattens a bulging belly, removes stretch marks from the lower abdomen, and reshapes the belly button.
- Liposuction removes areas of excess fat from areas such as the waist, back, hips, and thighs, sculpting the body.
- Breast lift tightens stretched skin and reshapes enlarged nipples for a rejuvenated look. Many women combine a lift with augmentation to fill out the breasts.
- Labiaplasty reshapes and repairs the inner and outer labia for a more youthful look and restored comfort.
These procedures are some of the most popular choices among our mommy makeover patients, but you have many other choices, as well. Your doctor will work with you to develop a surgical plan that matches your unique anatomy and aesthetic goals.
How Is a Mommy Makeover Performed?
Our doctors perform most mommy makeover procedures as outpatient surgery in an accredited surgical facility, with general anesthesia administered under the care of a board-certified anesthesiologist. The duration of surgery varies with the number and complexity of procedures you choose, but a mommy makeover generally takes between 2 to 6 hours to complete.
What Can I Expect During Recovery?
Recovery after a mommy makeover will depend on the procedures you have chosen. Your doctor will give you a good idea of what to expect when your surgical plan is finalized. Taking the time to recover fully is your top priority, because you will be less likely to have a complication that could end up requiring additional downtime.
Make sure to arrange for an adult to help care for you and your children for at least the first week after surgery. In general, patients can return to work and most of their normal activities after about 2 weeks.
Speaking from Experience
"Mommy makeovers are especially rewarding because our patients are so used to making others a priority. For optimal safety and results, it's critical to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience with the increased complexity of these combination procedures." – Dr. Michael Edwards