Labiaplasty Las Vegas
If you’re self-conscious about the external appearance surrounding your vagina, you may want to consider cosmetic labiaplasty, an increasingly popular procedure that changes the size and shape of the labia. At Anson, Edwards & Higgins, labiaplasty is performed at our private Las Vegas office on an outpatient basis by one of the area’s premier plastic surgeons.
If you live in or near Las Vegas and are considering labiaplasty surgery for cosmetic or reconstructive reasons, request a consultation to meet personally with one of our surgeons to learn more about the procedure. You can also call our office at 702-822-2100 to schedule an appointment.
Is Labiaplasty Right for Me?
Besides cosmetic reasons, women may seek labiaplasty because of skin irritation or uncomfortable sexual intercourse caused by misshaped or enlarged labia. The surgery can be done on the labia major (the larger, outer vaginal lips), or the labia minor, (smaller vaginal lips). A labiaplasty can be combined with vaginoplasty, a procedure performed to tighten the vagina by eliminating excess lining and tightening the soft tissues and muscles in the vaginal area.
Women with fully developed labia who are in good physical condition overall may also want labiaplasty if they:
- Experience discomfort when wearing tight pants or engaging in athletic or sexual activity
- Are unhappy because their labia are inhibiting proper function of sexual organs
- Have skin rashes or irritation and/or hygiene problems such as trapped moisture
- Are embarrassed with the size, shape, or appearance of their labia
How Is Labiaplasty Performed?
Labiaplasty is an outpatient procedure at our office that can be done with either local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia. The goal of the surgery is to provide symmetrical, attractive genitalia, so excess labial skin is removed and incisions are closed with absorbable sutures. There is no need to subsequently remove stitches.
You should be able to sit and walk on the day of the surgery, although it’s also important to get adequate rest. More rigorous exercise can begin about a month after the procedure. You should also postpone having sexual intercourse for 4 to 6 weeks.
Speaking from Experience
“Cosmetic surgery for the labia is now considered a mainstream plastic surgery procedure for women who are self-conscious about the appearance of their genitalia. It’s important to find a plastic surgeon experienced in the procedure to ensure you get the results you desire.” – Dr. Terrence Higgins
Related Body Contouring Posts:
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures for Women in Their 30s
- Tummy Tuck: The After Weight Loss Surgery
- Liposuction Without Surgery: Why you still want to see a plastic surgeon
- After a Labiaplasty: Recovery Time and Expectations
- Is it Safe: Plastic Surgery During a C-Section?
- Upper Arm Reduction Options: Liposuction vs Liposonix
- Debunking Liposuction Myths
- Is Abdominal Etching Right for Me?
- Tumescent Liposuction: Why we prefer this method for superior results
- Non-Cosmetic Reasons for a Labiaplasty Procedure