Meet Dr. Alison Tam
Healthy, radiant skin and hair are important to looking and feeling your best. Dr. Alison Tam is a board-certified dermatologist who joined our Las Vegas cosmetic surgery practice in 2010 to lead our cosmetic laser department. Her experience and advanced training in cosmetic dermatology provides our Las Vegas patients with expertise that’s rare at plastic surgery practices in the area.
If you’re interested in laser skin treatments here in Las Vegas, you can request a consultation online to meet with Dr. Tam, or call our office at
702-822-2100 to schedule an appointment.
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
- American Society for Mohs Surgery (ASMS)
An Accomplished Physician
Dr. Tam is board certified in both dermatology and family medicine. After her residency in family medicine, she chose to complete an additional 3-year residency in dermatology and dermatological surgery. During this time, she trained in clinical dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, hair transplant procedures, lasers, dermatological surgery, and Mohs micrographic surgery.
As chief resident, she presided as the primary surgeon in hundreds of Mohs micrographic surgeries — highly specialized procedures for the optimal treatment of skin cancer. The American Society of Mohs Surgery allowed her the honor of taking their board exams prior to graduating, and she became a fellow of the board immediately after graduation.
Dr. Tam is a fellow of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology and the American Society of Mohs Surgery. She is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Osteopathic Association, and the American College of Osteopathic Family Medicine. Her articles and research have been published in the Journal of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology.
At Anson, Edwards & Higgins, Dr. Tam focuses on cosmetic dermatology with a particular interest in skin resurfacing and laser skin treatments. With the help of laser technology, Dr. Tam works to reduce dullness, fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration without ever making an incision, changing the way many men and women care for their skin. Laser treatments continue to evolve, and Dr. Tam enjoys researching the latest developments to make sure her patients are always receiving the latest, proven treatments for their specific concerns.
Honors & Awards
Plastic Surgery News:
- Press Release JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC
- New Beauty Magazine featuring Dr. Anson in the national editorial section
- Sleep on Satin?
- Cosmetic Surgeon vs Plastic Surgeon: What’s the difference and why does it matter?
- Announcing University of Nevada Las Vegas Medical School
- What is the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and Why Should it Matter to Me?
- After Plastic Surgery: Tips for Better Results
- Top Plastic Surgery Misconceptions
- Erasing the Stigma: Plastic Surgery
- Allergan Announces INSPIRA Breast Implant FDA Approval