Today’s aesthetic plastic surgery can modify your features and correct structural issues to give you the look you’ve always wanted. A smooth recovery from your procedure helps ensure that you get the best results. Here are a few tips for after your plastic surgery procedure to help you get back into life and enjoy your new look without unnecessary delays and complications.
Plastic Surgery Aftercare Tips
- Don’t smoke. You should refrain from smoking several weeks before your procedure, but it’s also important that you maintain your smoke-free lifestyle during recovery.
- Get plenty of rest. Reduced activity and adequate sleep will help your body heal faster. Plan to have someone stay with you for a few days after your procedure to help keep you comfortable, prepare your food and do household chores.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Don’t pick at your incision or attempt to remove scabs.
- Follow your surgeon’s instructions carefully. Take pain medications, apply ice, clean incisions and restrict activity as directed only.
- Eat a healthy diet that supplies the energy and nutrients your body needs to heal itself.
- After facial procedures, your surgeon may instruct you to wear sunscreen. Be sure to wear SPF 15 sunscreen whenever you venture outdoors.
- Limit your consumption of caffeine and alcohol until you are fully recovered. In some cases, you may need to avoid them altogether.
- If you were instructed to stop taking medications or supplements before your procedure, don’t resume taking them until your surgeon tells you it’s safe to do so.
- Any type of surgical recovery involves minor discomfort. However, if you experience unusual pain, swelling or other symptoms, contact your surgeon immediately. Furthermore, if you develop a fever, your incision area is warm to the touch (a sign of infection) or begins to bleed or ooze, contact your surgeon immediately or get to the nearest emergency room.
- To ensure a smooth recovery from any surgical procedure, talk to your plastic surgeon about aftercare prior to your surgery date. You may need to modify your habits or medication schedule several days before the procedure to prevent potential problems. Your surgeon can give you more specific details.
Visit an Experienced Plastic Surgeon to Learn More
If you’re considering a tummy tuck, facelift, breast augmentation in Las Vegas, you won’t have to travel far to find excellent care; these treatments and many more are available at Anson, Edwards and Higgins Plastic Surgery Associates. We can’t wait to meet you!