Breast Lift Las Vegas
Pregnancy, breastfeeding, and aging can leave you with breasts that sag and appear deflated. Firmer, more youthful-looking breasts are possible with a breast lift performed in Las Vegas by either Dr. Michael Edwards or Dr. Terrence Higgins, both renowned plastic surgeons. A breast lift, or mastopexy, results in perkier breasts and can help you feel more confident about your body.
If you have lost breast volume or have loose skin, request a consultation with one of our surgeons to discuss breast enhancement surgery at our Las Vegas practice. You can also call our office at 702-822-2100 to schedule an appointment.
Is a Breast Lift Right for Me?
If you feel self-conscious or disappointed about sagging breasts, breast lift surgery is an option worth considering. Breasts may sag for several reasons, including the effects of pregnancy and nursing, weight loss, aging, or heredity. Women who want breast augmentation with implants may also need a breast lift to achieve the cosmetic results they desire.
Some of the reasons you might consider a breast lift include:
- Your breasts are asymmetrical.
- You don’t intend to have more children and are finished breastfeeding.
- Your nipples and areolas point downward and are positioned below the breast fold.
- Your breasts are naturally pendulous.
Dr. Edwards or Dr. Higgins may recommend combining your breast lift with breast reduction surgery or breast augmentation if you have too much or too little existing volume.
How Is a Breast Lift Performed?
At your consultation, your surgeon will assess your breasts’ volume and the position of your nipples and areolas to help determine the best procedure for you. Where the incisions are made will depend on the technique used. The size of your areolas can also be reduced during a breast lift if they’ve become stretched.
The most common style of procedure includes incisions around the areola and vertically along the breast to the crease where the breast connects to your chest. Another horizontal incision is made along the breast crease. This is called an anchor incision and is most effective if your breasts show severe sagging. This method can also be used when combining the procedure with breast reduction.
Other techniques include:
- The “lollipop lift”: An incision is made around the areola and vertically down to the breast crease. This is suitable if you have a moderate degree of sagging and are not getting breast implants.
- The “doughnut lift”: An incision is made only around the areola (a periareolar incision). If you have mild sagging, this can be an effective procedure.
A breast lift typically takes up to 3 hours, depending on your specific condition and whether you intend to combine it with breast augmentation.
Speaking from Experience
“Getting a breast lift without implants is an option. However, patients who are concerned about having breasts that look unnaturally large may still benefit from small implants, which can enhance the appearance of your breasts by adding a bit more volume.” – Dr. Terrence Higgins
Patient underwent a breast reduction. A procedure that removes excess breast fat to ultimately achieve a breast size in proportion to the patient’s physique. This patient was thrilled with her end result. Surgeon: Dr. Edwards Gender: Female Breast Incision Type: Inframammary
Individual results may vary.
Click here to contact
Plastic Surgery Associates and set up a consultation.
Related Breast Surgery Posts:
- Press Release Dr. Michael Edwards / Natrelle INSPIRA® Cohesive breast implants
- Silicone Breast Implants Q&A
- Breast Augmentation Q and A
- Positive Changes in Breast Surgery Trends
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures for Women in Their 30s
- Silicone Breast Implants: A Safe Choice for Your Body
- Reasons for a Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery
- Breast Implants or Breast Lift: Which is Right for You?
- Breast Implants: Myths & Facts
- Breast Implant Removal: Top Questions Answered